Sunday, December 17, 2006

PAIRING OF SURNAMES

Kim, my newly married girlfriend , told me something the other day.

"Sun, I think I don't have to worry any more in the future. My
married name already tell you why."

"Huh?"

"My hubby's surname is NG and mine is YEOW. So now
I just shake legs lor.... NG-YEOW !!
(Cantonese : NG-YEOW means No Worries)

Oh my goodness, if that's the case, then how about the pairing of
other surnames? Hahahaa.... suddenly many of my colleagues'
names come to my mind....

some examples in Cantonese......


LAI + LEE = LAI-LEE (blame you)

LAI + SEE = LAI-SEE (shit in the pants)

SOH + HAI = SOH-HAI (stupid fella)

THAM + CHENG = THAM-CHENG (talk about love)

HO + FAN = HO-FAN (very bothersome)

HO + LEONG = HO-LEONG (very cooling)


Now my friends are starting to take note of their own surnames and
that of their partners. And I am also getting some ribbing too coz my
present situation is really funny.... but I will only reveal when it's my
turn to tie the knot!!!




~ the 23rd Ray of the Sun ~

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Modern people still particular about surname? So I have to get a wife with surname 'Sei' lor... Ng-Sei mean cannot die... LOL

December 18, 2006 12:54 am

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Modern people still particular about surname? So I have to get a wife with surname 'Sei' lor... Ng-Sei mean cannot die... LOL

December 18, 2006 1:00 am

 
Blogger Cocka Doodle said...

Kenny...if you get a wife with the surname 'Moi', then it's Ng Moi.
Everynight also you kenot get wan, must sek chi khay. Hahahaha!!!!

December 19, 2006 11:08 pm

 
Blogger Unknown said...

sei cocka... LOL

December 21, 2006 1:08 am

 
Blogger sun, moon & star said...

kenny: Waa, Ng-Sei? You want to be immortal and live forever ah? (LOL)


cocka: you very pannai leh.....

Kenny, you must take note of cocka's valuable advice...kakakaaa

December 21, 2006 2:28 pm

 
Blogger khengsiong said...

Haha... Ng & Foo cannot marry-lah.

January 24, 2007 12:46 pm

 
Blogger sun, moon & star said...

khengsiong: TQ for dropping by.

So charm...'cannot get rich'.. But in reality, I am sure they don't bother la...

January 31, 2007 1:16 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home